The Somerset Premier Cup is down to three teams, Bath City await either Yeovil Town or Odd Down in the final with the latter two playing off at Huish Park this Tuesday.

The Glovers haven’t won the SPC since 2005 and will be hoping that Charlie Lee’s first home game in charge takes them to final.

Yeovil have, due to squad size, have taken this competition fairly seriously this season

The Glovers have already beaten, Bridgwater United 4-1, Larkhall Athletic 0-2 and Cheddar 2-0.

Odd Down received a bye in the first round before progressing past Paulton Rovers and Wells City, both on penalties.

Odd Down currently sit 7th in the Toolstation Western League, Division one.

They’ve played 35, won 15, lost 13 and drawn 7.

Their man attacking threat comes from Luke Bryan, who has 31 goals this season in 32 games, a tally which includes six penalties, although he was absent in their defeat to Sherborne Town.


From a Yeovil point of view, Charlie Lee suggested on Friday that a number of first team players would be included, whilst prior to his departure, Darren Sarll had indicated that young goalkeeper Max Evans would get some game time.

With Grant Smith, Jack Robinson and Max Hunt edging towards fitness after injury, they could play a part alongside others who have been without a huge amount of game time recently.

Whilst, the Down will be able to call upon former Glover Omar Simpson in their squad.

Former Glover, Omar Simpson in action for Odd Down.
? J Healey/JRH Media


We’ve met before

This is actually a repeat of the 2004/05 Somerset Premier Cup final, you’ll remember it well.

The Ciderspace report goes as follows;

“In a one sided contest, completely dominated by Yeovil Town Reserves, the Somerset Premier Cup returned to the Huish Park trophy cabinet tonight for the first time since 1998.

Goals from Andy Lindegaard (28 mins), Richard Cullingford (33 mins), Stephen Reed (66 mins), Andrejs Stolcers (68 mins), and an own goal from Tony Quoi (79 mins) wrapped up a comprehensive victory. Odd Down were never in the match, and were fortunate to escape a real thrashing.

The one black spot of the evening from the point of view of the hosts was an absolutely diabolical tackle on Dale Williams by the Odd Down goalkeeper at the nine minute mark. He should have seen two red cards: one for violent conduct and one for the professional foul as last man. Referee Mr Buller opened a poor performance of bizarre decision making that continued all night by merely issuing a yellow. The game was held up for some minutes as Dale was stretchered off and then rushed to hospital. It was feared he had had his leg broken, but the latest update is less pessimistic.

Final score : Yeovil Town Reserves 5-0 Odd Down

Attendance : 2,164″


Support the Gloverscast

The Gloverscast is a volunteer run website which costs money to maintain. If ever you feel like supporting with our running costs, which include our website hosting, Zoom subscription, The Daily Glove, we’d be extremely grateful for your donations.



Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments