Yeovil Town have been handed an away tie in the 2nd Round of the Somerset Premier Cup against Larkhall Athletic.

Larkhall are a Bath based side currently plying their trade in the Southern League, Division 1 South.

They progressed through the First Round after defeating Street FC on penalties after drawing 1-1 in standard time, whilst the Glovers beat Bridgwater United to progress to this stage.

Athletic currently sit in 7th place in the league table, just outside the play-off spots.

Ties will be played week commencing 9th November, with full tickets details to be released in due course.



We’ve met before

Yeovil Town were last drawn against Larkhall Athletic in the Somerset Premier Cup back in March 2015

The Glovers put out a strong side, which included future Wales international striker Kieffer Moore(at Centre Back!)… the game ended 1-1 after 90 minutes with Yeovil progressing on penalties.

Here’s the Ciderspace news report from that evening:

Penalty Shoot-Out Needed To Settle Cup Tie

Yeovil Town needed extra time and a penalty shoot-out tonight to get past Southern League Division One South and West Larkhall Athletic tonight. In a match played at their Plain Ham Ground near Bath, the Glovers had taken the lead midway through the first half when AJ Leitch-Smith beat home keeper Alex Shaftoe to the ball to score from inside the box. However, they were pegged back when Joe Tumelty scored from close range midway through the second period to level the tie, and despite having the greater number of chances they couldn’t convert a winner.

That took the game through extra time, and after 120 minutes the two sides still couldn’t be divided. Thankfully Yeovil Town found their shooting boots during the penalty shoot-out, with AJ Leitch-Smith, Sam Hoskins, Kieffer Moore and Nathan Ralph converting a perfect set of penalties, whilst Larkhall failed to convert two of theirs, with Jamie Lyons the unlucky man whose spot kick was missed to send Yeovil through to the semi-final stages. There they will meet Bridgwater Town at Fairfax Park, after they saw their way past Odd Down at the Quarter-Final stages – a date for this tie has yet to be arranged.

Final Score: Larkhall Athletic 1 Yeovil Town 1. (After Extra Time. Yeovil win 4-2 on penalties).

Scorers: AJ Leitch-Smith (0-1, 24 mins), Joe Tumelty (1-1, 67 mins).

Penalty Shoot-Out: AJ Leitch-Smith (scored, 0-1), Tyler Sibbick (scored, 1-1), Sam Hoskins (scored, 1-2), Matt Thorne (missed, 1-2), Kieffer Moore (scored, 1-3), Rob Hobbs (scored, 2-3), Nathan Ralph (scored, 2-4), Jamie Lyons (missed, 2-4).

Yeovil Town:
1. Artur Krysiak
3. Seth Nana Twumasi, 4. Kieffer Moore, 5. Ben Nugent, 2. Liam Davis
6. Fergus Bell, 8. Craig Eastmond, 10. Alex Smith, 7. Nathan Ralph
9. Sam Hoskins, 11. AJ Leitch-Smith

12. Gareth Stewart 13. Nathan Smith 14. James Hayter 15. Gozie Ugwu

Larkhall Athletic
1. Alex Shaftoe 2. Giorgio Wrona 3. Jamie Lyons 4. Rob Hobbs 5. Ollie Price (Capt) 6. Dan Jones 7. Joe Tumelty 8. Matt Thorne 9. Chris Pile 10. Brad Norris 11. Ben Horan.

12. Tyler Sibbick 14. Jake Gardner 15. Ross Lye 16. Ryan Elliott.

Referee: Ron Ganfield. Assistants: Adam Fricker and Kevin Williams.

Attendance: 160.

Support the Gloverscast

The Gloverscast is a volunteer run website which costs money to maintain. If ever you feel like supporting with our running costs, which include our website hosting, Zoom subscription, The Daily Glove, we’d be extremely grateful for your donations.



Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments