Ian Perkins (Page 60)

Yeovil Town have released the season ticket prices for the National League South campaign, with an early-bird discount available until Friday 16th June.

The early bird prices are reduced on last year’s tickets, with an adult terrace ticket costing £20 less and an adult set costing £35 less.

See the season ticket pricing options available on the table below.

The club website states: “Overall this season is a discount on last season’s pricing, with adult season ticket holders saving the equivalent seven free tickets against match day pricing. It’s not just adult supporters who receive a heavy discount, junior supporters will enjoy a total of nine free fixtures in comparison to the match ticket price.”

The club also confirmed that match ticket pricing will also be reduced. Adult tickets purchased prior to midday on match day can will cost £16.00. Young person’s (16-21) cost £10.00 if bought in advance, senior/military tickets will cost £14.00. Tickets purchased after midday on the day of the fixture will be subject to a £2.00 surcharge. 

All youth tickets are available at the same price regardless of when they’re purchased with under-12’s tickets at £3.00 a game and Under 16s £5.00

AdultsSenior & MilitaryYoung PersonUnder 16Under 12
Early Bird / Full PriceEarly Bird / Full PriceEarly Bird / Full PriceEarly Bird / Full PriceEarly Bird / Full Price
Seating£295 / £310£240 /£255£190 / £205£70£50
Standing£240 / £255£190 / £205£190 / £205£70£50
Premium Seating£340 / £355NANANANA

You can purchase tickets from the club’s ticketing portal here.

As always there are qualifying factors for the concessions:

  • Young Person – 16 – 21 inclusive on 31st July 2023
  • Junior – 15 or under on 31st July 2023
  • Disabled Supporters –  Pay terrace price in all areas of the ground at relevant age bracket. Accompanying personal assistant ticket available free of charge if in receipt of mid or higher rate of personal care. (To be shown on application)
  • Under 12 – aged 11 or under on 31st July 2023
  • Seniors – 65 or over on 31st July 2023
  • Military Concession – British Armed Forces ID to be shown on application
  • No concessions on premium seats

For more info head to the official club site.

New Yeovil Town owner and Chairman Martin Hellier spoke at the club today alongside Mark Cooper and Josh Staunton proclaiming that ‘the age of disparity, disarray and low morale is now over’.

“It’s my greatest honour to sit here before you, flanked by the manager, Mark Cooper the skipper, Josh Staunton, on the cusp of what we consider to be a new era in our beloved football club. We believe that the age of disparity, disarray and low morale is now over. And we now embark on a progressive and ambitious future for Yeovil Town.”

When asked by Three Valleys Radio’s Adi Hopper about the stress of the process, Hellier said: £It was more stressful the closer we got to completion. I’d also say that we were possibly no more sure that we’d got it in one minute before completing than we were maybe three months before completing. But that’s the nature of the beast it seems. It was incredibly stressful and it got more and more stressful – it went right to wire but as I said, even up to that point the way dealings were we couldn’t have been any more sure than we were three months before.

Hellier thanked his barrister, Rhys Rosser and former YTFC Director (and Gloverscast guest) Stephen Allinson for his support during the legal process.

“We knew that we couldn’t  move forward in any capacity at all, unless we removed what was a big looming cloud over this club for several years. The deal had to be done where we obtained the club, the holding company, the buyback rights. It was the only way to move this club forward for the staff, for the fans, for the players, for the manager. So, that what we set out to do and that’s what we achieved,” he said.

The Chairman also pledged that the supporters would be engaged with on a regular basis and would be able to enjoy the football while being looked after.

When asked by Steve Sowden of the Yeovil Press (and Gloverscast guest) if all the deal was completely done, Hellier confirmed the deal was completed on Friday.

“Fans need to be assured that we would not be sat at this table now, saying what we’re saying if that wasn’t the case. I certainly wouldn’t be entering into some wobbly stewards arrangement. You either own a business or you don’t.

“The difference is with the mantra of transparency and honesty that we’ve instilled in this club now is that our door is open you can ask those questions and we will provide those answers.”

Hellier reiterated his desire for community to be heavily involved and stated his belief that under local ownership the club will be able to connect to the community and plans to devise programme of community assistance and support.

Watch the wide ranging interview with Hellier, Cooper and Staunton below.


Yeovil Town have announced the retained and released list for this season confirming the departure of the best goalkeeper in the league, Grant Smith and a contract offer for Matt Worthington.

The players who remain under contract at Huish Park for the forthcoming National League South season include:

Morgan Williams, Alex Fisher, Josh Staunton, Charlie Cooper, Jordan Maguire-Drew, Will Dawes, Benjani Jr, Malachi Linton, Zanda Siziba, Scott Pollock, Jamie Reckord, Jordan Young, Jordan Stevens, Ollie Haste and Callum Harriott .

Lawson D’Ath. Picture courtesy of Mike Kunz.

Nine players have been released from the club alongside Smith, including Max Hunt, Chiori Johnson, Lawson D’Ath, Ollie Hulbert, Toby Stephens, Max Evans, Charlie Wakefield and Ben Richards-Everton.

Manager Mark Cooper said to the club’s official website: “I would like to personally thank all of the players departing for their efforts during their time at the club. As I said many times last season, I could never doubt the group for their efforts and I wish them all the best for their futures.”

The club also thanked the remaining cohort of loanees who have returned to their parent clubs.

Well that was a weekend huh? Martin Hellier completed his takeover of everything YTFC, ridding Yeovil of Scott Priestnall once and for all.

On this episode of the podcast, Ian, Ben and Dave talk about the meeting of supporters on Thursday, the prior announcement, the resulting fallout and Saturday morning’s breaking news.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Leave us a review and share the pod with a pal.

We’d love to welcome some local businesses into the Gloverscast family through advertising. If you’re a business that would like to speak to a dedicated audience of more than 1000 monthly listeners, please get in touch. Find out more about advertising with us here.

If you have an idea for the website, want to contribute or just want to send us a message, feel free to email ian@gloverscast.co.uk.

Marcus Fysh, Yeovil’s MP, has released a statement congratulating the club’s new owner Martin Hellier on his acquisition of Yeovil Town, and say he is ‘seeking a meeting’ and provided a list of questions he would like answers to. I’m left wondering where was this public list of questions was to our previous owner when all this started happening?

The MP arrived at Johnson Park during the Supporters’ Meeting on Thursday as it was wrapping up and stayed around to speak to some of his constituents and the media.

Here’s his full statement:

Congratulations to the new owners of YTFC who have the chance and responsibility to build a football club that can progress up the leagues, provide great football to follow and inspire youth football across our area.

It has been a difficult few years as results going the wrong way have meant falling revenues in the lower leagues. Emergency help for National League clubs was required when fans were not able to attend during the pandemic and I was instrumental in securing that national government loan scheme to stop the club from going under.

Without owner subsidies it has always been the case that business aspects of Yeovil Town have been required to support the club’s football. This was true in the Championship and it is true now.

Development of the ground is controversial for some but an opportunity to garner the income required to sustain a proper footballing structure as the club rebuilds. The club sought development for this purpose since 2014 but was continually knocked back by the Council until the Council got involved financially through the stadium sale and leaseback.

Football clubs are private businesses and the deals they do are for the parties to be responsible. However the arrangements since the end of last year ended up complicating the football at a crucial time and it is a shame the financing flexibility the Club got from its involvement with public bodies didn’t translate into on field success.

I am seeking a meeting with the new owners of the Club, and the questions I will be asking – similar to those I have been asking all the previous owners and parties they have looked at dealing with – include:

  • What is the footballing structure that you will be seeking to implement and who will you be working with to help deliver that?
  • What are the shares of operational and capital income from development that will accrue to the football club for the purposes of maintaining the footballing structure and the stadium and ground and staff? Will the Council or any related parties have any income share?
  • What is the nature of the income from development or operation of developed properties that will accrue to Yeovil town for its footballing purposes?
  • Will there be conference and entertainment facilities that can maximise income from the ground itself including for large scale events?
  • What accommodation facilities if any will be made available for visitors on site and what hospitality revenue might accrue for footballing purposes as a result?
  • What revenue is expected from these sources in each of the next five years, and what is the plan if they don’t materialise?
  • Have any sale and lease back liabilities or options been fully discharged and or exercised on completion of the purchase of Yeovil Town?
  • Have the pandemic loans been discharged as part of the purchase and is there any other debt outstanding?
  • Have any assurances been given by South Somerset District or Somerset Council as to different types or schemes of development being allowed?
  • Has Yeovil town Holdings Ltd itself been purchased or is there another structure that those interested in the future of the football club should be aware of?
  • What is the plan to develop youth football in Yeovil now that the club has lost Academy status and will you work with me to find ways of ensuring a thriving youth football scene in Yeovil?
  • What assurances can you give to the staff and team at Yeovil town about their security of employment?
  • What arrangements will you make to ensure that there is a high quality board of directors which can plan and execute for high quality football and high quality business off the pitch?
  • Will you commit to having at least one board director to represent the fans and at least one board director whose role is to work with that other director and fans to increase positive fan engagement using all available modern techniques?
  • Will you investigate and report on whether there have been any questionable practices in the past in respect of the Club’s dealings and will you ensure that there is full transparency of all dealings with Councils, third parties and other public bodies in the future?
  • Will you commit to regular Board reports that give information about the footballing and non-footballing business of the Club so that fans can be engaged on the basis of fact rather than rumour?

I very much hope that today turns the page on a successful new chapter for Yeovil Town Football Club and that we will all be able to get behind them.

If you want to the reaction to his post, head to his facebook page here.

Local businessman Martin Hellier has released a statement confirming that he has completed the takeover of majority shareholding of Yeovil Town Football Club and Yeovil Town Holdings Ltd securing the buy-back rights to the stadium and land around Huish Park.

The new Yeovil Town chairman has pledged to reunite the land with the trading business, Yeovil Football & Athletic Club, in the months to come and called for supporters to unite around ‘our truly locally-owned, community asset.’

In his statement issued on his Twitter on Saturday morning, Hellier said: “Please allow us to catch our breath, steady the ship, and bring stability, we have a very arduous task ahead of us, but one which we whole-heartedly embrace. I look forward to working closely with Mark Cooper and Josh Staunton who I know share my belief that Yeovil Town can return to brighter times.”

The deal was confirmed by a statement issued by the club from now former owner and chairman Scott Priestnall, who said: “It has been a difficult journey and I appreciate it has been hardest on you, the fans, most of all. I am confident that this transaction is one in the best interests of the club.”

He has also stated his intention to work closely with the Glovers’ Trust and the potential ‘Save Our Club’ Group which was pledged at a fans’ meeting held on Thursday.

Hellier’s announcement follows the SU Glovers confirmation of an ‘unsuccessful acquisition’ on Friday night and sees the sponsor of the Main Stand at Huish Park take over the 72% shareholding of chairman Scott Priestnall, who one assumes has now left the Yeovil Town history books.

What the future now means for the club’s other shareholder, Stuart Robins, appears uncertain. He holds a 20% stake in Yeovil Football and Athletic Club.

 

Hellier Group – statement in full:

To the fans, players, and staff of Yeovil Town Football Club, and to the wider Yeovil community:

Rejoice. The long winter of discord is over.

It is my greatest honour to announce that Hellier Group have secured the majority shareholding of Yeovil Town Football Club, Yeovil Town Holdings, and the buy-back rights to the stadium and surrounding land, which we intend to reunite with the trading business in the months to come.

As local owners, our hearts are rooted in the wellbeing and progression of our community, and we pledge to every fan, our intentions to form one entity, one club, one community, and to finally, ‘Achieve by Unity’.

This has been a long and stressful process, I have been passionate about my beliefs and feelings because I deeply care about this club.

This has not been a transaction for financial gain, it has involved a vast amount of time and effort to arrange, it is because I have the very best interests of this football club at heart.

I would like to thank the endless patience of the fans, players and the loving support of my family, as well as the tireless efforts of professionals around me, that have dedicated their time and efforts to securing what has been an exhausting process, the outcome of which is immeasurable in terms of unifying the hearts and minds of all that love this club.

Please allow us to catch our breath, steady the ship, and bring stability, we have a very arduous task ahead of us, but one which we whole-heartedly embrace. I look forward to working closely with Mark Cooper and Josh Staunton who I know share my belief that Yeovil Town can return to brighter times.

We ask that you invest your hearts and minds in supporting what is now our truly locally-owned, community asset, and lets collectively focus our ambitions in the progression of Yeovil Town Football Club. For too long, our fan-base has been divided, I would ask that this comes to an end.

Following this week’s Glovers’ Trust Meeting, I look forward to working closely with the trust / the newly formed ‘Save Our Club’ group and show that the club has, as of today, been saved.

I look forward to a bright and successful future for the club. I am very excited for us all to take this journey together.

Regards

Martin Hellier
CHAIRMAN

Up the Glovers!

 

Statement from Scott Priestnall – in full:

I confirm that I have completed the sale of Yeovil Town Football Club to the Hellier Group.

It has been a difficult journey and I appreciate it has been hardest on you, the fans, most of all.

We have not been able to share updates where we have wanted to, as you will appreciate negotiations take place under strict rules and disclosure arrangements. Given previous transactions have fallen through, I was particularly concerned about giving updates that may not materialise.

I am confident that this transaction is one in the best interests of the club.

Yeovil Town Football Club is a club that is, and always will be, very close to my heart. I wish the manager, the players, Martin and the fans all the best for the future.

The twitter account of SU Glovers have announced the ‘unsuccessful acquisition’ of Yeovil Town FC.

In a statement released this evening the group said they had provided funding to the club to the tune of £400k and claim that the club would have entered administration without it.

“It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that we regret to announce the unsuccessful acquisition of Yeovil Town Football Club. We would like to thank the fans for their patience and support but we have not been able to finalise a legal agreement with the existing owners despite our many attempts to do so over the last few months.

Unfortunately, there has now been a complete breakdown in the negotiations which has left us with no alternative other than to end negotiations to purchase the Club. This is despite our providing interim funding of in excess of £400k since January without which the Club we were told would have been placed into administration. Our commitment was unwavering and we had hoped to take Yeovil Town on a successful new chapter in the Club’s long history.”

Matt Uggla also tweeted a message to supporters:

“Lots of messages asking if it’s us. It’s not. We tried our best and ultimately fell into the trap. What the fans did yesterday was amazing and shows what a special club Yeovil is. Keep fighting the good fight and always remember the club without you guys is NOTHING.

If you stick together then you can accomplish what you need to and come out the other side of this tunnel. Don’t let a tiny group dictate to you guys the future when without you there is no future. Like the motto says. Now more than ever ACHIEVE BY UNITY.

We head north but will always love the glovers and watch out from afar. Really hope our paths cross again and thank you for everything. Keep the faith and keep together. @GloversTrust is on the right path hopefully you guys can support and follow!”

The announcement follows a statement from the chairman last night, which said a takeover had been agreed. Over to you Martin…

https://twitter.com/MartinHellier/status/1657097218254331925?s=20

Last night at the all supporters’ meeting held by the Glovers Trust at Johnson Park, a proposal was put to the room and Zoom about the formation of a ‘Save Our Club’ group, involving members from the various groups at the club and those not affiliated with a group.

At the end of the meeting, attendees were given the opportunity to share their details if they felt they wanted to contribute. If you want to support, contact communications@glovers-trust.co.uk.

In the room, there was overwhelming support in the room. For those who weren’t there or unable to get on Zoom (sorry!)…cast your vote and share your thoughts below.

 

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.