Talk about potential new owners at Huish Park is unsettling for the club’s players, according to manager Darren Sarll.
The boss was asked about the statement issued by the Glovers’ Trust saying that two consortiums were in talks about buying the club ahead of the trip to Stockport County.
Speaking at his weekly press conference, Sarll said he had been made aware of the statement but was “not privy to anything” about the details of the discussions.
He said: “It has absolutely nothing to do with me, all I can say is it does not help the players.
“The first thing they were talking about especially on Tuesday was that and then they start thinking about ‘what if that happens?’
“Whilst they are thinking about all those permutations they are not thinking about football.
“I can control lots of things, but I can’t control these things.
“I want to enjoy my football this year and working with a group of people who are as ambitious and as focused as I am.
“The rest is down to the business owner and at the moment that is (current Chairman) Scott Priestnall and whatever happens, happens.”
In a statement issued earlier in the week, the Glovers’ Trust said it has been speaking with a consortium is “in the latter part of negotiations” around a takeover with a second group is also “at an advanced stage.”