Venue: Huish Park
Tuesday, 5th April, 7.45pm kick-off

Conditions: Clear and dry
Pitch: A bit soft

Attendance: 356

Scorers:  Olufela Olomola 4 (1-0), Josh Neufville 51 (2-0), Adi Yussuf 54 (3-0), Josh Neufville 57 (4-0), Corey Andrews (5-0) 80.


Yeovil: None
Odd Down: None

Referee: Richard Hulme

Yeovil Town : (4-4-2)

Max Evans

Jake Graziano, Ollie Haste, Morgan Williams, Jordan Barnett

Sonny Blu Lo-Everton (for Korey Andrews, 66), Toby Stephens, Alex Bradley, Josh Neufville (for Fin Skiverton, 58)

Adi Yussuf Olufela Olomola (for Callum Deemer, 71)

Substitutes: Luke Wilkinson, Dale Gorman

Odd Down: Blammon, Humphries, Robinson (for Clark, 68), Watts, Yates, Adepitan, Ellis Ricketts (for Simpson, 61), Dunn, Simpson, Bryan, Waugh (for Best, 68). Substitutes: Pelliccia, Perkins.

Match Report

Caretaker manager Charlie Lee was rewarded with a 5-0 win of Odd Down in his first home game in charge at Huish Park which saw Yeovil Town book their place in the final of the Somerset Premier Cup.

Having taken an early lead through Olufela Olomola, three goals in six second half minutes saw Josh Neufville find the net either side of a goal from Adi Yussuf in his first match since returning from international duty.

Youth teamer Corey Andrews completed the rout with ten minutes remaining to set up a final with Southern League Bath City.

Here is how Ed Turnbull saw the match at Huish Park…..

First half

The Glovers got off to the perfect start as they scored in the fourth minute for the second home game in a row; Sonny-Blu Lo-Everton drifted off his left wing to find a pocket of space on the right hand side of the area and played it across to Olufela OLOMOLA who fired home from the edge of the six yard box.
Two minutes later Jordan Barnett‘s low cross presented Fela with another good chance but this time his shot was blocked.
Captain for the night Alex Bradley went down in the area in the 14th minute after being caught on the follow-through of an Odd Down defender’s clearance, but the referee waved away muted penalty appeals from home side.
With half an hour played there was a bizarre incident where Olomola received the ball on the left wing, but was completely topless and so a free-kick was given against him! It transpired this was because he had been halfway through removing his thermal underlayer.
Yeovil had several further shots as the half drew to a close, with the best chance probably falling to Adi Yussuf who blazed his volley high and wide after being found brilliantly by Josh Neufville after the winger blitzed past two defenders as though they weren’t there.
1-0 it remained at the interval, after a one-sided half which could have seen the hosts take a bigger lead.

Half- time: Yeovil Town 1 Odd Down 0

Second half

However, Yeovil came out for the second half seemingly a lot more clinical, as three goals in six minutes put the tie to bed, with NEUFVILLE playing a key role in all 3 goals.
Josh Neufville. Picture courtesy of Mike Kunz.

On 51 minutes, he picked up the ball on the edge of the box and struck a firm low shot that Odd Down keeper Chris Blammon would’ve been disappointed he didn’t keep out at his near post. 2-0.

Almost straight from the restart, Lo-Everton played in Olomola whose left-footer shot was saved well.
But the Yeovil attacks were now more-or-less constant and just two minutes later Neufville again shot from left of the goal. Blammon could only parry this effort, leaving Adi YUSSUF with a tap-in that couldn’t be missed (even by him!)
Olomola then smashed a spectacular 25-yard strike against the corner of the woodwork.
Moments later, NEUFVILLE found himself perfectly positioned to place an effort into the far corner of the goal with a delicate finish after the ball came back to him in the box. His second and Yeovil’s third goal of the half, which was still only 12 minutes old.
With the tie done and dusted, Neufville was spared (with perhaps a start at King’s Lynn on Saturday in mind?) and on came Fin Skiverton. The game calmed down as further substitutions followed for both teams, and Yeovil’s potent attack was mixed up with Lo-Everton and then Olomola replaced for youngsters Korey ANDREWS and Callum Deemer respectively.
Still Odd Down struggled to get a sniff of a chance, although former Glover Omar Simpson showed a glimpse of real quality to control a long ball at full speed a get a shot away, which was blocked.
With 10 minutes to go, there was a lovely moment as two youth players combined to make it 5-0. Skiverton raced through on goal and, whilst he didn’t manage to get a clean strike off, the ball fell to the oncoming Andrews who fired the ball into the back of the net.
Yeovil remained on the front foot as they comfortably saw the game out to take them into the Somerset Premier Cup final and 90 minutes from glory! It must be a big game if David Coates is going to the travel down from Lancashire for it, right?!

Full time: Yeovil Town 5 Odd Down 0

Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments