Yeovil Town are looking to bring in a new player ahead of tomorrow’s FA Trophy tie against Woking at Huish Park.
Manager Darren Sarll said the squad was “drastically short” this week with defender Morgan Williams going down with COVID-19 and youngster Ollie Haste away with the English Colleges’ FA squad.
However, he did reveal that left-back Jordan Barnett, who has missed the last two games through illness, returned to training this week along with long-term absentees defender Mark Little and midfielder Lawson D’Ath.
Of the planned signing, Sarll said: “We are looking to do a one-month loan for someone this week to help us out because we have been drastically short this week.
“We have only had 10 or 11 training all week, so we are looking to try and (bring one player in) today (Friday) to help us along.
“At the moment there will be no additions in the near future and we are going to have to make sure we improve our current group.
“But how many players would get in to this group right now? Most people would play second fiddle to who is playing very well because every player is in great form.
“The only ones who aren’t are those who have not played minutes, so we are happy with what we have got.”
Updating on the longer term injury victims in his squad, the manager said:
- Reuben Reid – is likely to feature against Woking although the boss said how long the striker played would be decided by “a conversation” between the two of them ahead of kick-off.
- Joe Quigley – the club’s top-scorer is likely to be available from January onwards having been missing with a knee injury since the 1-0 win at Dagenham & Redbridge last month.
- Jack Robinson – the on-loan Middlesbrough defender is likely to be unavailable until later in January having suffered “some complications” with an ankle injury. The defender is scheduled to return to his parent club on January 10 – so it would appear an extension of his agreement is required if we were to see him again in a Yeovil shirt.
- Mark Little – the experienced full-back returned to training this week having been missing since picking up an injury in pre-season.
- Lawson D’Ath – the midfielder who was stretchered off on the final game of last season was also back in training this week.